MeMy name is Kris Ligman. I curate This Week in Videogame Blogging for Critical Distance and write for places about things and people. Check out my About page for more.
- RT @NeinQuarterly: Sonntag. The monsters have again crawled out from under our beds. Read the paper. Made plans to meet us for brunch. 1 hour ago
- Whoops, coffee on an empty stomach turned out to not be a great idea. 1 hour ago
- *sticks on sunglasses* RT @theMirai: So you'd say the bot that made it follow you...misfired? 1 hour ago
- This account just followed me and I can't even twitter.com/guntrust 1 hour ago
- RT @MOUNTENNUI: MY INNER DEMONS HAVE UNIONIZED 1 hour ago
- RT @direlog: self-respect is knowing your brain might go off at any time, like a loaded gun or a wild bear 1 hour ago
- #glitch4andi Happy birthday @mcclure111! http://t.co/pI2XG9R50v 1 hour ago
- So much writing to do today. Dreadful amounts of it. 1 hour ago
- RT @christinelove: Just going to start referring to my wardrobe by popularity. "Ah, should I wear the Harangued By German Tourists or The 7… 2 hours ago
- RT @Edcrab_: 1999: No women. Anywhere 2013: Full Matriarchy rules the internet!! 2044: Full Matriarchy actually rules the internet who'd ha… 2 hours ago
- Gaming (96)
- Miscellaneous (209)
- Other Media (16)
- TOTAL DISASTER (14)
Tagsalexander ocias anders astronomy beautiful escape dungeoneer bioware brendan keogh brian ashcraft carl sagan cat child of eden chocorooms christine love critical distance david gaider don't take it personally babe it just ain't your story dragon age dragon age ii dragon age origins e3 fable iii fandom final fantasy vii flash game flOw game review gender ambiguity indiecade indie game katawa shoujo kinect limbo lionhead studios littlebigplanet littlebigplanet 2 loved ludodecahedron mass effect mass effect 2 mass effect 3 media molecule michael lee rhodes minecraft mitu khandaker moderation my little pony nicolau chaud nights into dreams peter molyneux playdead press x to jason privilege religion roleplaying game rpg rpg maker 2003 rupaul's drag race sailor moon science fiction sega sexism sexuality performance skyrim social media sonic the hedgehog spec ops: the line spirituality star trek tetsuya mizuguchi thatgamecompany this is a disaster twivgb usc videogame videogame industry visual novels
Looking Forward To
Tag Archives: my little pony
Me: To leave, they need to gather the seven Elements of Exploration.
Friend: On their mission to the Horsehead Nebula.
Me: Ambition! Authority! Empathy! Honor! Curiosity! Compassion! Geekiness!
Friend: There they will summon the Great Bird of the Galaxy, which will return them home safely.
OK after today’s This Week in Game Blogging I really have to know. How many of you guys over there at CD are bronies?-anon
Hmmm, two of us, I think? I’m not sure if Eric actually considers himself a brony, though he has watched the entire series (thanks to my incessant prodding) and seems to enjoy quoting it whenever he gets the chance. The others, they haven’t really come forward with their Thoughts On Ponies one way or another. If they hate them they’re being very patient with the 1/3 of the crew that loves them.
Academics like fanvids. The Kirk/Spock “Closer” video (NSFW), “Buffy vs Edward”, “Yes We Can”. I could go on. Someday, when we (they, as I’m not sure I’ll ever dip back into this particular pool after my MA is completed) start holding History of Youtube courses, these will all be present on the curriculum. One which I’m afraid will not show up on anyone’s Powerpoint anytime soon is mmmandarinorange’s “The Stars Will Aid Her Escape (Cosmic Love)”, featured above. And that’s a crying shame, because it’s one of the most complex and intelligent fanvids I’ve ever seen. It’s no “Buffy vs Edward” deliberate critique of the patriarchy, nor “Yes We Can” levels of people power, but damn, is it smart, and shows off exactly what I like about fandom’s ability to transform and elevate its subject matter.