MeMy name is Kris Ligman. I am the Senior Curator for Critical Distance and sometimes write for other places. Check out my About page for more.
- .@4xisblack's "Form and Its Usurpers" is the first article I've wanted to preserve so much I went and printed it out. blog.brendanvance.com/2014/07/16/usu… 8 hours ago
- RT @tonitonirocca: Game industry women are so into games, guys in the industry are so much less passionate in general. Just on average from… 9 hours ago
- Happy day. Out of jury duty AND I streetpassed a field trip full of kids to conquer another nation in Warrior's Way. 13 hours ago
- The judge finally excused me from service after I said I didn't think Ace Attorney 5 was all that bad. 14 hours ago
- RT @rupazero: Crowdfund launched! I'm raising tuition fee money by writing a book: igg.me/at/mobile-hist… 19 hours ago
- Your Honor, I would like to be excused from jury service. You see, I'm too much of a badass and 20 hours ago
- RT @benspants: @KrisLigman http://t.co/8CcbRYvIqW 1 day ago
- Your Honor, I would like to be excused from jury service. You see, I'm a Sailor Guardian of love and justice and 1 day ago
- Someday I'm going to play Binary Domain and Remember Me back-to-back and the world will make sense. 1 day ago
- Still not either on or off a jury. If Phoenix Wright was on this case we'd already be a third of the way through testimony! 1 day ago
- Gaming (99)
- Miscellaneous (211)
- Other Media (17)
- TOTAL DISASTER (13)
Tagsalexander ocias anders astronomy beautiful escape dungeoneer bioware brendan keogh carl sagan cat child of eden chocorooms christine love critical distance david gaider don't take it personally babe it just ain't your story dragon age dragon age ii dragon age origins e3 fable iii fandom film final fantasy vii flash game flOw game review gdc gender ambiguity indiecade indie game katawa shoujo kinect limbo lionhead studios littlebigplanet littlebigplanet 2 loved ludodecahedron mass effect mass effect 2 mass effect 3 media molecule minecraft mitu khandaker moderation my little pony nicolau chaud nights into dreams peter molyneux playdead press x to jason privilege religion roleplaying game rpg rpg maker 2003 rupaul's drag race sailor moon science fiction sega sexism sexuality performance skyrim social media sonic the hedgehog spec ops: the line spirituality star trek tetsuya mizuguchi thatgamecompany this is a disaster twivgb usc videogame videogame industry visual novels
Looking Forward To
Tag Archives: my little pony
Me: To leave, they need to gather the seven Elements of Exploration.
Friend: On their mission to the Horsehead Nebula.
Me: Ambition! Authority! Empathy! Honor! Curiosity! Compassion! Geekiness!
Friend: There they will summon the Great Bird of the Galaxy, which will return them home safely.
OK after today’s This Week in Game Blogging I really have to know. How many of you guys over there at CD are bronies?-anon
Hmmm, two of us, I think? I’m not sure if Eric actually considers himself a brony, though he has watched the entire series (thanks to my incessant prodding) and seems to enjoy quoting it whenever he gets the chance. The others, they haven’t really come forward with their Thoughts On Ponies one way or another. If they hate them they’re being very patient with the 1/3 of the crew that loves them.
Academics like fanvids. The Kirk/Spock “Closer” video (NSFW), “Buffy vs Edward”, “Yes We Can”. I could go on. Someday, when we (they, as I’m not sure I’ll ever dip back into this particular pool after my MA is completed) start holding History of Youtube courses, these will all be present on the curriculum. One which I’m afraid will not show up on anyone’s Powerpoint anytime soon is mmmandarinorange’s “The Stars Will Aid Her Escape (Cosmic Love)”, featured above. And that’s a crying shame, because it’s one of the most complex and intelligent fanvids I’ve ever seen. It’s no “Buffy vs Edward” deliberate critique of the patriarchy, nor “Yes We Can” levels of people power, but damn, is it smart, and shows off exactly what I like about fandom’s ability to transform and elevate its subject matter.