- Oh it ends in a feminist message so I guess it's okay then. #XFiles 3x06 16 minutes ago
- Oh, the early days of cyber crime divisions, where gov't agencies just felt entitled to user information... wait. #XFiles 3x06 22 minutes ago
- "I don't know too many scorpions who surf the internet." #XFiles 3x06 37 minutes ago
- Oh man, 90s representations of cyber crime never cease to be embarrassing. #XFiles 3x06 51 minutes ago
- Finally watched the No Man's Sky trailer. THIS is what everyone is flipping out about? 1 hour ago
- RT @NiallGaGa: F I N A L L Y #season6 @rupaulsdragrace @rupaul http://t.co/DVWXd6YUcd 1 hour ago
- RT @jkhoey: Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. - Ian Maclaren 9 hours ago
- And there seems to be something about social media in particular that turns us all into monsters. 9 hours ago
- I fucking swear, internet communication is stunted enough without reducing it to 140 characters. 9 hours ago
- Look. Can we just agree that snap judgments of strangers AND asking acquaintances for follow-backs are bad? 9 hours ago
- I can’t get any work done but I can do this.
- How the other side lives (and the other side is me)
- Future-proofing Critical Distance
- Animal Crossing QR Code Geekery, Part 2
- Animal Crossing QR Code Geekery, Part 1
- So, Gamasutra
- So, GDC
- Because if you can’t save yourself, how in the hell are you gonna save somebody else?
- Gaming (96)
- Miscellaneous (208)
- Other Media (16)
- TOTAL DISASTER (14)
Tagsalexander ocias anders astronomy beautiful escape dungeoneer bioware brendan keogh brian ashcraft carl sagan cat child of eden chocorooms christine love critical distance david gaider don't take it personally babe it just ain't your story dragon age dragon age ii dragon age origins e3 fable iii fandom final fantasy vii flash game flOw game review gender ambiguity indiecade indie game katawa shoujo kinect limbo lionhead studios littlebigplanet littlebigplanet 2 loved ludodecahedron mass effect mass effect 2 mass effect 3 media molecule michael lee rhodes minecraft mitu khandaker moderation my little pony nicolau chaud nights into dreams peter molyneux playdead press x to jason privilege religion roleplaying game rpg rpg maker 2003 rupaul's drag race sailor moon science fiction sega sexism sexuality performance skyrim social media sonic the hedgehog spec ops: the line spirituality star trek tetsuya mizuguchi thatgamecompany this is a disaster twivgb usc videogame videogame industry visual novels
Looking Forward To
Tag Archives: cat
After the rather traumatic near miss with an SUV the night before, Jason came back the afternoon of the 14th and she has been living comfortably with me since. I’ve posted signs and a Craigslist ad, neither of which having turned up much of anything except prospective muggers and rapists because this is Los Angeles, so the next step will be taking her to the vet on my next day off.
If the vet finds a tracking chip on Jason, she’ll be reunited with a loving owner very soon. Otherwise, she’s got one right here. Yes; probably not the wisest decision to keep a pet despite the terms of a lease, but adoption and rehoming rates for black cats being as abysmal as they are, and those eyes being so criminally huge and needy, my hands are tied here. Quite tied. See how tied they are?
Again, a great deal of thanks is due to her devoted fanbase on Twitter for all the advice and feedback as I fell into the role of newfound single kitten-parenthood. Her very own hashtag is also doing quite well.
Initiating gratuitous kitten overload: Read More »
I had a little visitor show up today. Quite appropriately dressed for the “holiday.”
I’ve taken to calling her Jason, because there is no more appropriate name for a black cat which shows up on Friday the 13th, even if she is a girl. I would place her at maybe 3-5 months old. She is loud, tiny, dirty, needy, and very clearly a recent adoptee who has lost her owner. She also has a tendency to hiss at the slightest thing that startles her– and then goes right back to mewling, purring, and rolling on the (even dirtier) ground asking for belly rubs like a puppy.
In short, I’m in love. Confound these kitties!
If she decides to stick around (she’s sleeping on my slippers right now; below) then I’ll get to posting up some signs. Sadly, even if no one comes forward to claim her, she can’t stay: landlord’s been very adamant about no pets. But keeping her around till she gets fixed and inoculated seems a far sight better than dropping her off at the nearest shelter.
In the event I can’t track down her owner, any takers? Must love horror films and absurd levels of adorable.
ETA: Sad times. I went out to grab Jason some more tuna and milk, and she followed me to the grocery store. (That’s not the sad part. That’s the cute part. The sad part is coming.) However, she’s still very skittish, and a loud car sent her bolting across the street. Luckily it avoided her, but she then hid under a neighbor’s truck and even after we coaxed her out with a bit of food she fled again.
I’ve left out a plate of food and a bowl of water in case she comes back. If not, thanks for brightening up my Friday the 13th, Jason.