Let Michael Lee Rhodes Go (whoever that is)!

So, no roundup again tonight, because after spending 10 hours polishing off a paper for Henry Jenkins’s Transmedia class, I’m still faced with drawing up the bulk of a tabletop campaign for William Huber’s Game Studies course. Can’t let the little undergrads down (even if they’re showing me about as much enthusiasm as an actor in the Star Wars prequels right now).

Anyway, I was in Santa Clarita on Sunday and at a stoplight I spotted this:

Text reads: "Please let Michael Lee Rhodes free from being held hostage in the mountain." Or "mountains." Not sure.

Maybe it’s just the result of being in Henry’s class all semester, but my brain keeps going “ARG ARG ARG ARG ARG ARG.” Googling doesn’t turn up much material (just blog posts like this). On the other hand, this was spotted along Magic Mountain Parkway. Hmmm.

Anyway, to whatever horrible human beings/ancient alien conspirators/Six Flags executives behind Michael Lee Rhodes’s kidnapping, let him go already! The suspense is killing me.

ETA: Oh, Susan Fujiki has more! I’d love to keep digging into this tonight, but those encounter charts aren’t going to write themselves.

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

Comments

• A Concerned Citizen  On 10.04.11 at 9:08 am

I intend to post signs on top of the mystery signs asking who in the hell is MIchael Lee Rhodes. Maybe I’ll get a response.
    The signs have been spotted in the Bridgeport and Town Center area in Valencia as well.

• Susan (@kungfupussy)  On 10.04.11 at 9:09 am

Hi Kris, I’m like you and have no idea what this is all about but it’s interesting for sure. I wish it was some amazing PR stunt but I’m pretty sure it’s just all sorts of crazy. – Susan

• Deana  On 10.04.11 at 4:35 pm

I too have seen these one at Lyons and Orchard and one on 15 th and Railroad.I sae them on Sunday also and it has been killing me to find out more about it but to no avail!!

• Johnni  On 10.07.11 at 2:30 pm

Saw a huge sign on the back of a toy hauler by Valencia High School. This is so weird!

• Bill Rogers  On 10.08.11 at 8:10 am

I saw an old trashy looking pickup truck attached to a travel trailer. It has one of these same signs on the front bumper. The truck and camping trailer were parked on the side of Smyth Drive, which is the road where Ice Station Valencia and Valencia High Scholl are located. It looked as if someone was living in the trailer. There are signs on about every corner of Smyth Drive and Copper Hill as well as Copper Hill/Rye Canyon and Newhall Ranch Road. So, I would assume that the owner of the pickup truck is also the sign-maker. Next time I’m going to knock on the door of the trailer and ask him or her what’s up.

• Trailer boys neighbor  On 10.11.11 at 10:36 am

Yes my friend and I are wondering the same thing.. Who is this Michael and trail guy!? We work across the street from his residence and are very tempted to knock on this mans door to find out WTF he’s talking about. In do time I’m sure our curiosity will get the best of us and we will let u know what dude says!

• Brenda Schaecher  On 10.14.11 at 8:53 pm

I live off the Coper Hill Drive and Smyth and yes to Bill Rogers it is the person putting up those signs he will paint them on the side walk by the trailer. He has been there for over a year. But still do not know what it is all about.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,980 other followers